Spay and Neuter for Dogs and Cats in Doha
When you visit The Veterinary Surgery for your dog or cat’s spay and neuter surgery, you’ll find educated, compassionate care. We closely monitor your pet with our state-of-the-art equipment before, during and after the procedure. The benefits of spay and neuter surgery are some your pet can’t get any other way. We’ll help you decide on spay or neuter surgery by discussing the benefits and drawbacks for your specific pet. As with any procedure at the Veterinary Surgery, we’ll send you home with the proper medications and aftercare instructions as well.
Benefits of Spay and Neuter for Dogs and Cats
When and if to have your dog or cat spayed or neutered can often be confusing. Our veterinarians educate you on the best time for spay and neuter surgery for your specific breed, size and type of pet. Some dogs should undergo the surgery after they reach sexual maturity. Others may receive more medical and behavioral benefits if they undergo the surgery before they’re fully mature. Furthermore, the benefits of spay and neuter surgery are partially dependent on when they undergo the procedure. When you visit for a pre-surgical examination, we advise you on the best time to have your female cat spayed and your male dog neutered. Before we decide anything though, we’ll carefully discuss the benefits for your pet.
In females, the benefits of surgery include:
- Mammary gland tumors, which are oftentimes malignant, are less likely.
- The risk for ovarian cancer is eliminated.
- Uterine cancer is far less likely to affect your pet.
- Unwanted litters are nonexistent when surgery is timed before maturity.
- Pets are less inclined to roam the neighborhood.
- Cats do not yowl and dogs do not have menstrual cycles.
In males, the benefits of surgery include:
- The incidence of testicular cancer is eliminated.
- Prostate problems are far less likely.
- Mounting behavior is reduced.
- Urine spraying and marking behavior is reduced.
- Roaming behavior is reduced.
Caring for Your Dog or Cat After Spay or Neuter Surgery
As your pet wakes from anesthesia, we’ll be there to comfort your furry family member. Right away, we’ll let you know how they did during surgery and schedule a pick-up time. Your pet will need some extra TLC after surgery. In addition to making sure your pet takes their medication, we have some things we’d like clients to keep in mind, including:
- Give them a quiet, comfortable place to recover for at least 24 hours.
- Don’t give them a bath for at least 10 days.
- Distract them with treats or use a medical collar to keep them from licking their incision.
- Keep them from running or jumping for at least two weeks.
- Check their incision site daily and watch for unusual discharge, redness or swelling.
Please contact us with any questions about dog and cat spay and neuter surgery. We’re happy to answer any questions you may have.
Our Phone number to call is (974) 4436 7187 alternatively you can also send us a whatsap message on 66540013